Cummins 2016 ISB Cummins, getting code 1896

Error code 1896 on a Cummins 2016 ISB generally indicates an issue with the fuel control valve. To troubleshoot this fault, I would recommend the following steps:

1. Check for any visible signs of damage or leaks in the fuel control valve and its wiring. Make sure all connections are secure.

2. Test the resistance of the fuel control valve using a multimeter. The specific resistance values can vary depending on the engine model, so refer to the service manual or contact Cummins for the correct values.

3. Inspect the fuel supply system for any clogs or restrictions that could be affecting the fuel flow to the control valve.

4. Check the fuel pressure to ensure it is within the specified range. Low fuel pressure can contribute to the fault code.

5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to replace the fuel control valve. Contact a Cummins dealer or authorized service center for further assistance.

Remember to always consult the appropriate service manual or contact Cummins directly for the most accurate information and guidance specific to your engine model.

No I think this the fault code 1896 is EGR Valve Controller - Out of Calibration . Plz double check again
Apologies for the confusion. You are correct. Fault code 1896 on a Cummins 2016 ISB actually pertains to the EGR Valve Controller being out of calibration.

To troubleshoot this fault, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Inspect the EGR valve and its wiring for any visible signs of damage or loose connections. Verify that all connections are secure.

2. Check the EGR valve position sensor for proper operation. Ensure that it is sending accurate feedback to the controller.

3. Perform an EGR valve calibration using Cummins software or a diagnostic tool. Follow the instructions in the service manual or seek assistance from a Cummins dealer.

4. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to replace the EGR valve or the EGR valve controller. Consult with a Cummins dealer or an authorized service center for further guidance and assistance.

Always refer to the service manual or contact Cummins directly for the most accurate information and guidance specific to your engine model.

Apologies for the confusion. You are correct. Fault code 1896 on a Cummins 2016 ISB actually pertains to the EGR Valve Controller being out of calibration.

To troubleshoot this fault, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Inspect the EGR valve and its wiring for any visible signs of damage or loose connections. Verify that all connections are secure.

2. Check the EGR valve position sensor for proper operation. Ensure that it is sending accurate feedback to the controller.

3. Perform an EGR valve calibration using Cummins software or a diagnostic tool. Follow the instructions in the service manual or seek assistance from a Cummins dealer.

4. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to replace the EGR valve or the EGR valve controller. Consult with a Cummins dealer or an authorized service center for further guidance and assistance.

Always refer to the service manual or contact Cummins directly for the most accurate information and guidance specific to your engine model.
I can delete egr parameters in ecm to make it engine work good without any egr fault code

I can delete egr parameters in ecm to make it engine work good without any egr fault code
While it is possible to delete EGR parameters in the ECM to eliminate EGR fault codes, it is important to note that tampering with emissions systems is not legal in many jurisdictions and can result in penalties or voiding of warranties. Additionally, removing the EGR system can have negative impacts on engine performance and emissions.

If you are experiencing EGR-related issues with your engine, it is recommended to work with a certified Cummins technician or authorized service center to properly diagnose and repair the problem. They will have access to the necessary tools and knowledge to resolve the issue while maintaining compliance with regulatory standards.

It is always best to follow manufacturer guidelines and consult with professionals to ensure proper operation of your engine.

While it is possible to delete EGR parameters in the ECM to eliminate EGR fault codes, it is important to note that tampering with emissions systems is not legal in many jurisdictions and can result in penalties or voiding of warranties. Additionally, removing the EGR system can have negative impacts on engine performance and emissions.

If you are experiencing EGR-related issues with your engine, it is recommended to work with a certified Cummins technician or authorized service center to properly diagnose and repair the problem. They will have access to the necessary tools and knowledge to resolve the issue while maintaining compliance with regulatory standards.

It is always best to follow manufacturer guidelines and consult with professionals to ensure proper operation of your engine.
Yes I only do it in some engine expired warranty and in some countries does not have environment law

Yes I only do it in some engine expired warranty and in some countries does not have environment law
While it is your choice to make modifications to your engine that may be allowed in certain circumstances, I must emphasize the importance of adhering to local laws and regulations regarding emissions control. Deleting EGR parameters in the ECM may have unintended consequences and could potentially lead to performance issues and increased emissions. It is always recommended to consult with professionals and ensure that any modifications are done safely and legally.